Since March of this year we have been in the throes of a global pandemic that has dominated, well, every aspect of life. All that was normal seemingly disappeared overnight. And yet, in the midst of the mayhem there was a tremendous amount of good. Here are some things that I heard throughout the year from people within my circle:
- I started a degree program I never thought I would.
- I completed my master’s degree!
- I met my neighbors and became a better neighbor to them.
- I spent more time with my family, and we have a better relationship now.
- I finally did all those home improvement projects I put off, and I really love my house now!
- I read and prayed more than ever.
- I learned new skills and tried new teaching techniques. It has been fun!
- I wrote a screenplay.
- I recorded a lot of new music.
- I finally developed a healthy eating and exercise routine because I had the time.
These are just a few of the many good things that occurred in the lives of those I love. As we enter our holiday break, I encourage you to take some time to reflect on the good things that have happened this year. Actually write them out. You’ll be amazed at how many good things you have experienced, and you can read through your list on some of those days when you may feel a little bit down. You’ll be glad you did!